Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today we celebrate...

Our 8th Wedding Anniversary!

This week, 8 years ago, David and I were married at First Church of the Nazarene in Pasadena California. It was the most beautiful and best day of our lives, where I got to marry the love of my life. The man who will protect me and love me the rest of my life. The man who has clearly over the years provided for me for better or for worse and in sickness and health. The man whom I call my soul mate, partner, husband, and love of my life. We had the most beautiful wedding and were so excited that our friends and family could be there.

Some of the highlights from our wedding day:

1. Great cake from Sarkis Pastry in Pasadena. They even served the top of the cake, which is normally meant for that crazy first anniversary tradition, which I hear is over rated.

2. Our pastor, whom some of you know, asked me if I take Michael to be my husband. Umm yeah, wasn't his name David? Seriously, it totally lightened the mood and we all broke out in laughter. Apparently Mark forgot his glasses! We love you Mark!

3. Our wedding photographer shot 100% film with his medium format camera! And, we built our wedding album by going through proofs in a box and a booklet of templates. Yeah, how about those templates in InDesign from Ben Harrison, and online ordering from KISS & Leather Craftsmen? Yep! A lot can change in 8 years.

David, I love you with all my heart and I would not change anything that we have gone through in our 8+ years together. I am looking forward to another 50+ years of marriage with you. Happy Anniversary My Love!

Here is a picture one of our friends took just after we were pronounced Man and Wife!

2 comments:

Hanssie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Michael...I mean David! And yes the first year cake is way overrated...freezer burnt and yucky.

Tiffany Izatt said...

Congrats! Happy anniversary. Dustin and I ate our cake a year later and it was still so delicious! And album making yes SO much easier!