Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sara and Josh: Anytime - The Real Post!

Here it is! The real post for Sara and Josh. Thanks for being so patient, as I had a lot going on the past two weeks with work, family, and some other sessions. Anyways, here we go.....

Sara and Josh Morrill were actually marred on January 20, 2007 in the Elipse Chapel at Point Loma Nazarene University down in San Diego. Sara and I were in the same graduate program at Azusa Pacific University and we just recently graduated on May 3rd. We talked about her wedding dress, which was a Maggie Soterro dress and if I would take some more photographs of she in it with Josh by her side. I said certainly, why don't we do a "day after" type session after graduation and get really creative!

So here they are, two love birds who were destined to meet on the mountainside! Sara and Josh met their freshman year at PLNU while they were on a backpacking trip. Sara was one of the guides and it was love at first sight when she set her eyes on Josh. They actually waited three years to date, as Josh said, until "I was good and ready" to settle down! Sara knew on their first date that she wanted to marry Josh. They dated 11 months and in September 2006 they were engaged. Where do you think they got engaged? On a backpacking trip! They were hiking Mt. Whitney and Josh popped the question! They are major outdoors people, and I am certainly surprised that they did not get married in the mountains.

This session I did for Sara and Josh could not have been done with out the wonderful help of my good friend Shelby Knight of Shelby Knight Photography. Shelby also graduated from the CSA program with Sara and I. Shelby is just getting her feet wet in the photography industry and has shared with me that she would love to be my second shooter anytime! Please visit Shelby's blog and leave her a comment! She will be posting some of her pictures from this shoot soon. I look forward to working with Shelby in the near future! Thanks Shelby for your help with this shoot, as I could not have done it without you!

Back to Sara and Josh! We took them so the mountains all dressed up in their wedding attire and were able to capture some great images. I was kind of bummed that there was not a lot of sun left in the valley we were in, but we did okay! Minus the horrible bug bites we all got, the four of us had a great time. We were up in the mountains pretty late, but the creative juices were still flowin'! Be sure to notice in a few of the shots, their Chaco sandals! What every bride needs! :)

To view more from this fun session, CLICK HERE for a slideshow! Please allow the slideshow to load, it is worth the wait! **edit - we are switching over to a new server. If the slideshow does not work, please come back soon! So sorry.





4 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wowwee wow wow that first shot!!! killer!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Tira!!! I LOVE that last shot...gorgeous!!!

Tiffany Izatt said...

that fist shot is : WOW! Beautiful!

Alayna said...

Those were so incredible Tira! I had forgotten you were going to do those. They turned out better than I ever imagined. It was so Josh and Sara and boy was their some serious passion between the two of them. Great job!