Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Shahbaz Quads: Christmas Session

The week of Thanksgiving I was pretty busy with 5 portrait sessions. I had never done that before, but I will tell you that it was so rewarding to see what it will be like someday when I can finally do photography full time. Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, I ventured over to the Shahbaz home to do their Christmas pictures, and something else, that you will just have to wait to see. Patience is a virtue!

The Quads: Cedar, Jeremiah, Jordan and Jonah were "decked out" in their ever so stylish outfits made by Amy's Mom, Grandma Wendy. She made the boys vests and the buttons had their special color. And Cedar's dress was another special piece done by Grandma Wendy. The lining was from her going away dress from when she and Grandpa Darrell were married. I just love all of her work and the Quads certainly have benefited from her talent as a seamstress.

On to our session, we first did some photographs inside as a family, and then on an antique sled Grandma Wendy brought. Now that the Quads are 19 months, they are talking, and definitely mobile, meaning they don't sit still for very long in one place, so I had to really be on the ball. Each and every time I go photograph the Quads, I am reminded how precious life truly is, and what a gift children are.

Here are a few from our time together as we captured some Christmas memories. Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable family! Sweet photos :)

Hanssie said...

5 sessions! Wow. So cute. Love the one with the daisies.

Mary Marantz said...

omigosh, the hats!!! So cute!