Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My 3 Favorites & The Longest Day: Episode 1

Over the course of the last year, I have been networking with a lot of the top wedding and portrait photographers in our industry. Asking the craziest questions, mistaking them for their twin sisters, (sorry J* and B) and then laughing hysterically at the crazy antics of [b]ecker! I am honored to be a part of this industry where we document couples and families special moments in time with our time and talent. While I am still working full time at APU, I have invested a lot of time and money into improving my craft with the hopes of someday doing this full time. Because of my current job situation and the commitment I have at APU, I am not able to attend WPPI 2009 in Las Vegas. My goal is to attend WPPI in 2010 and see how this industry has been changed by people who want to make a difference.

Like I mentioned above, I have had the opportunity to meet some of the biggest names out there like Jasmine Star, David Jay and [b]ecker and I have admired their work for the past year. They have done so many amazing things for the photography community such as DJ and OpenSourcePhoto, [b]ecker and the [b]school, and Jasmine for her continual inspiration on her blog. Without these three photographers, I am not sure where I would be today. Don't worry, I am finally getting to my point. My three favorites are a part of The Longest Day project with Ron Dawson from F-Stop Beyond, who I think is also amazing. Ron has interviewed almost all of the top portrait and wedding photographers out there and asked some of the toughest questions, but really brings it down to earth for the rest of us to understand and respect who they are. You rock Ron!

So I guess my point is, watch the video below and see how some of the top wedding and portrait photographers (and my 3 favorites) in the industry are going to be making a difference for two separate charities, but will also be displaying their "other" talents in these upcoming episodes of The Longest Day! Cheers!




It’s been a long time in the making, but it’s finally here. The premiere episode of the first online reality TV show for and about professional photographers, “The Longest Day,” this year’s buzz-building videos series for WPPI 2009.

The premise is simple: get 24 of the hottest professional photographers in the country (and Canada), bring them all to southern California armed only with the knowledge that they would be split into two teams and given an assignment to complete in just 24 hours. Once they arrive, they find out their assignment is to write, shoot, and edit an original short film about photography, AND an original PSA about the respective charity for which they are playing: ThirstRelief and Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.

Over a series of ten episodes, you’ll see the drama; the comedy; and the battle for the best video and PSA as voted on by YOU. That’s right, as we lead up to WPPI (February 14-19) we’ll air the episodes. Then, about a week before, we’ll show the final short films and PSAs by both teams. You will then have an opportunity to vote for the videos you like the best. Thanks to our sponsors, the winning team will win $3,000 for their charity. The other charity will earn $2,000. (In this episode you’ll hear me mention $1,000 and $500 as the respective prizes. The ante got upped since the taping of this show).

1 comment:

Hanssie said...

Bummed that you won't be there :(