Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Closing down 2008 and ringing in 2009!

As I sit here and write this post, I have been reflecting on what a great year 2008 has been and all of the things I have accomplished. This time last year, I was in graduate school beginning to see the tiny light at the end of the tunnel but still wondering if I was going to make it to May. And, this time last year, I knew that I wanted to make the leap into professional photography, but had to finish my M.Ed. first. I did finish graduate school and earned an M.Ed. in College Student Affairs, and then formed Tira J Photography, LLC. How about that? 2008 has been the year of formation for me, as it has formed me into a professional at APU, and as a professional photographer. It has also formed me into being a better friend, wife, co-worker, daughter, sister and believer in Jesus Christ. I am thankful to all of my clients, friends and family that came along side me throughout 2008. I seriously could not have done it without you. Here's to 2009 and all that it has in store for this wonderful journey. I am just bursting at the seams to share with you what is coming up next for Tira J Photography!

I created a slideshow with some of my favorite images from 2008. I love the song for the slideshow because it says perfectly how I feel about 2009 coming around the corner.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE SLIDESHOW


Happy New Year to everyone! May 2009 bring all of the greatest blessings to you and your loved ones. And one last quote from one of my photographer facebook friends, Ann Ruthmann, "Fear is a door to success. Those who are ready for success assume it is unlocked and proceed, despite not knowing what is on the other side."

4 comments:

Me said...

Happy New Year, Tira. I loved the slide show!

Hanssie said...

Yay! I made it into the slideshow!! I have mine, but was unable to get it to work...Oh well, next year!

Stacy Cross said...

Congrats on a fabulous year! Best wishes for 2009!

Anonymous said...

Great slideshow! Congratulations on a wonderful year and wishing you all the best for 2009!!