Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Girls: Emily, Sophie and Jamie

A few weekends ago, my boss asked if I would watch his three precious little girls while he and his wife traveled to Arizona for an APU function. I had watched the girls tons of times since each of them have come into this world, but this time would be special! This time, "Auntie Tira" would be spending the night!!! Now granted, I was just beginning to come off of the high from all of my graduation festivities and hadn't figured out what to do with all of my free time. And, I could no longer tell Todd that I had to sit in front of my computer to write a paper, because they were ALL DONE!!! So, I said of course, I would love too! Back to The Girls!

L to R: Sophie, Jamie, Emily



I arrived at their home on Friday around 5 p.m., right after work, and they were already high strung from the bits of candy they were allowed to eat while visiting downtown Glendora. Thanks Madesynne! We had a blast eating dinner, playing games, and goofing off with my camera. Putting them down at night was a bit of a task, as you never know the exact routine a child goes through unless their parents document it like a mini-dissertation. So, we had the sippy cups filled, brushed the teeth, went potty, put the noise machine and nightlights on and we were all good to go! Oh, and one late night phone call to Arizona. Whew! I don't have children yet, but that was a lot of work and some great practice.



On Saturday, we watched our cartoons, ate our breakfast, did our nails, put a little makeup on, then got all cleaned up to go out. We had to get "beautified" as some would say before we went out in public. On our way to the park, we picked up some lunch from McDonald's and then "Auntie Mona" joined us. We had a blast spending time with Mona, taking pictures and soaking up all of the great California sunshine. Mona took us all to frozen yogurt after our adventure at the park, and when we came home, the girls wanted to do all of their "fancy pictures" so they got all prettied up for the camera.



Todd and Deb, thank you for the amazing opportunity to spend time with your three gorgeous daughters in your beautiful home. I am glad you both had the opportunity to get away to spend some quality time together. We had such a great time and I will remember it always.

Happy 'belated' Mother's Day and Happy 'early' Father's Day!

To Emily, Sophie, and Jamie, your parents are probably reading this to you right now. I want you to know how precious you are and I love each of you dearly. You bring huge smiles to my heart and joy to my life! Love, Auntie Tira

To see more of these three beautiful little girls, CLICK HERE for a slideshow! *please allow the slideshow to load.


1 comment:

Mary Marantz said...

omigosh! what beautiful girls! great job!

M:)