Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Kara!!!.......and Portland Pictures!

I must begin this post by wishing Kara Dillon a very special Happy "21st" Birthday.

CLICK HERE TO ENJOY THE SLIDESHOW
!

I waited to post these pictures and write this entry until now, so I could wish her happy birthday over my blog with all of the fun pictures we took during my last visit to Portland. Last weekend, I had the opportunity to go to Portland and Seattle for work and to hang out with Kara and her family. The main goal of the weekend was to meet the parents and students that would be coming to Azusa Pacific University for the fall 2008 semester. The events we put on for the weekend were on Saturday in Portland and on Sunday in Seattle. But, before I had to put my financial aid hat on, I had the opportunity to "play" a bit.

Rick, Robyn, Darren and Kara are a wonderful family whom I have had the opportunity to know and love over the past 7 years while working at APU. Rick and Robyn are alums of APU who have so graciously opened their home over the years for APU events. Darren just graduated from APU in 2007, and Kara came to APU as a freshman in 2006. Words cannot express how generous this family has been to not only myself, but to everyone they come in contact with.

On Friday, Robyn, Kara and Darren spent the entire day with me, showing me around Portland. *quick note, my friend Julie gave me a list of things they needed to show me so we worked off that list! Some of the things we saw were the Japanese Gardens, The Rose Gardens, Pittock Mansion, 23rd Street shops, Downtown Portland from the City Grill, and then had a fabulous Sushi Dinner. Rick joined us later in the day to go to the Grill and then dinner. Below you can see some of the images I captured during our "tour de portland".



As you can see from the slideshow and the pictures, it was absolutely gorgeous up in Portland. The Japanese Gardens were so green and lush that ever step we took, we had to take a picture. It was pouring rain while we were at the Rose Garden and I was shooting pictures left and right while holding my umbrella. Even though I did not get to see all of Portland, I will say, I can't wait to go back to see more! And if you are wondering who the cute little puppies are in the photographs: The beige one is Kobe, the black and white one is Miss Lilly, and the little black one is the newest member of the Dillon clan, Valentina Renee aka Valley who was sporting her APU gear at our event on Saturday.

Thank you Rick, Robyn, Kara, and Darren for the fun filled day, the fabulous dinners, and your wonderful hospitality!

**Kara, I hope you have a wonderful birthday today! I am so proud of you and look forward to seeing and hearing how God works in your life. Hugs to you! Love, Tira

1 comment:

Me said...

Hi Tira.. thought I would see what you are up to. Great photo!