Thursday, November 27, 2008

Brian: Senior Portraits

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Without getting all mushy on you, I will leave you with this. I am thankful for all of my wonderful family, friends, clients, and fellow photographers who frequent this blog, and support my dream of being a photographer. If it were not for you, I wouldn't be here.

Last weekend, David and I made the trek up to Apple Valley High School to meet Brian and his Mom Kerri. Brian was not a huge fan of his senior pictures and wanted something a little more sophisticated and some added character that those traditional pictures can't give you. And, he liked Lauren's pictures so much, that he and his Mom asked me to come up to photograph him. Lauren is Brian's cousin, I think. Brian's Mom is Lauren's Mom's niece, so they are related somehow. Their family is so huge, but after all these years, I haven't figured it out. Sorry Kerri!

Brian brought his dog Sam along for the portrait session, and as you can see in the pictures below, she is a beautiful dog who will definitely miss him when he leaves for college. Speaking of college, Brian is smart, athletic, and will go on to do great things after high school. He plays basketball and baseball for AVHS right now and is hoping to get a scholarship to one of schools he is applying to. Hopefully UCLA, so he is close to home. We had a wonderful time walking around the high school and capturing Brian in his element. His Mom told me that he did not like to have his picture taken. I beg to differ, because look how great he looks below! He rocked this entire session. And, it also helped that he was my first client to be photographed with my new 85 1.2 lens from Powell Camera. I shot this entire session with that lens and it worked like a charm. Plus, Brian was a wonderful model.

Brian, I am so proud of you in all that you have accomplished in high school. Reach for the stars and dream big, it will all be handed to you. Thank you for the opportunity to photograph you for your senior portraits. I wish you all the luck in the world as you embark on the journey we call college.

To view more images from the session, CLICK HERE FOR A SLIDESHOW!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Shannon Lott said...

Wow Tira!!! You've been busy.

My absolute favorite shot here is the one of him under the basketball hoop. Super cool!