Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Coming soon....TCHS Class of 1988 Reunion!

Yesterday, I had responded to a post on one of the photography forums I belong to and joked about divulging my age. Someone commented that my age was posted in my profile. ha ha! Yes, it is true, I am 37, almost 38 and excited more than ever for so many great things that are going on in my life. The post on the forum was about our favorite songs from the 80's, and we submitted a huge list of songs to our DJ for the class reunion. *one of my favorite songs from the 80's is the Safety Dance by Men Without Hats.

This coming Saturday, August 16th is the 20 year class reunion for the the class of 1988 of Temple City High School. I am one of the co-chairs of the committee and let me tell you, it has been quite the wild ride. Myrriah and I never thought this day would finally be here, but it is, and kind of like your own wedding day, if something does go wrong, the event still has to go on. Our hope is that everyone has a wonderful time and walks away with some rekindled friendships and great memories. I am so excited to see some of my classmates who I have not seen in some 10 or even 20 years, and I think it is ironic that I have not moved that far from "home" and hardly see any classmates in the area. Come to find out, so many of them still live in the area and we are excited about staying in touch for years to come.

On Monday night, we had a last minute committee meeting, made some last minute phone calls to missing classmates, and went through the yearbook to go down memory lane. There were great laughs about the completely crazy things we did in high school, and there were tears while reflecting on the sad things that happened while we were in high school, and afterwards. This coming Saturday marks a huge event in the lives of myself and my classmates, as a lot can happen in 20 years and I am excited to see how their lives have changed. I never thought I would have the opportunity to be a part of the planning committee, as I was not the popular girl in high school, but the one who was the athlete/band geek. If I was not playing my clarinet, marching on the street and on the field, I was in the pool, swimming hundreds of laps and winning races. Looking back to high school, I feel that it is the much appreciated journey that launched me into adult hood. And now that I work with College Students, I appreciate those formative years in high school even more. Check back over the next few days to see and hear about the reunion!

If any of my classmates are reading this...I am SO excited to see you on Saturday to reconnect and go down memory lane. Click here to join our group on facebook!

1 comment:

Me said...

You were a talented and VERY fast swimmer...I always wished I could swim the backstroke as fast as you ;)